Three People Charged in Human Trafficking Investigation Involving Tinder
Three people have been charged following a human trafficking investigation involving Tinder.
According to a press release from Toronto Police, on Saturday, Dec. 1, 2018, members of the Sex Crimes Human Trafficking Enforcement Team started an investigation regarding a human trafficking incident.
It is alleged that a woman met a man, 23, on the Tinder dating website. Police say the man attempted to persuade her into the sex trade. The woman refused but the man continued to harass her.
It is further alleged that a different woman met a man, 19, also on the Tinder dating website. The man, according to the press release, procured her into the sex trade. The man then transported her to a hotel in the Mississauga area.
According to the press release, the man took photos of the woman in various stages of undress, and then posted advertisements for sexual services on the classified ad website Leolist. The man made all of the arrangements for dates of sexual services and forced the woman to turn over all of her earnings in the sex trade to him. He also assaulted her and threatened her family.
It is further alleged that the same 19-year-old man introduced her to a man, 23, and woman, 23. The woman allegedly took photos of her in various stages of undress, and also posted advertisements for sexual services on the classified ad website Leolist. The woman made all of the arrangements for dates of sexual services and forced her to turn over all of her earnings in the sex trade. The victim complied and gave the money to the 19-year-old man or 23-year-old man.
Both men and woman used deception, intimidation and fear to exercise control over the actions and movements of the woman.
Joshua Hamblett, 23, of Brampton, is facing multiple charges including trafficking in persons by recruiting, procuring/recruit person to provide sexual services for consideration, advertising Another Person's Sexual Services, and financial/material benefit from trafficking in persons over 18.
Sashauna Wilkins, 23, of Brampton, is also facing multiple charges including trafficking in persons by recruiting, advertising another person's sexual services, and possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000.
Keagan Prophete, 19, of Brampton, was arrested and is facing multiple charges including trafficking in persons by recruiting, procuring/exercising control, material benefit from sexual services, advertising another person's sexual services, assault, and uttering threats.
Police are concerned there may be more victims.
Police are encouraging all affected individuals to come forward and report Human Trafficking occurrences.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7474, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).
- Mississauga Residents Facing Several Charges for Human Trafficking
- Mississauga Pair Charged With Sex Assault and Human Trafficking
- Arrests made in Mississauga human trafficking investigation
- Halton Police Arrest Mississauga Man For Human Trafficking
- Man facing charges in human trafficking investigation in Mississauga
- Here are all the places that now require masks or face coverings in Mississauga
- Police investigating reports of man trying to enter occupied cars in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau speaks out about racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store, police say they’re investigating
- Film and television studio opening third location in Mississauga
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good