Three People Arrested and Charged Following an Alleged Stolen Vehicle
Three people have been arrested and charged following an alleged stolen vehicle.
According to police, on Oct. 24 around 12:10 a.m., a uniformed patrol officer located a stolen Infiniti G37X from Peel Region in the parking lot of the Knights Inn at 517 Plains Rd. E in Burlington.
Officers identified a room linked to the stolen vehicle that resulted in three people subsequently being arrested, police say.
According to the police, the search of the stolen vehicle resulted in the seizure of property believed to have been stolen from residential break and enters and theft from autos in Halton and Peel Regions.
Items that were found and recovered included car keys, identification, cell phones, I-pods, change, medication, and jewelry, police say.
The following individuals have been arrested and charged with:
Catherine Edwards, 20,of Mississauga was held for bail and charged with:
- Alleged possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
Jonathan Basta, 30,of Mississauga, released on a recognizance of bail to appear in Milton Court on Nov. 21, was charged with:
- Alleged possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
Stephanie Moniz, 24,of Hamilton, released on a recognizance of bail to appear in Milton Court on Nov. 21, was charged with:
- Alleged possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
Police are still investigating the seized property and additional charges are expected.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 Ext. 2316.
- Two Mississauga Residents Arrested at Burlington Hotel Following Alleged Thefts
- OPP Arrest And Charge Man With Possession Of Stolen Property From Mississauga
- Three Mississauga residents charged in stolen property investigation
- Two police cars rammed by stolen vehicle in Mississauga, Brampton pair charged
- Man Arrested for Allegedly Tricking Walmart into Buying Stolen Merchandise
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store