Three Mississauga residents charged in stolen property investigation
The Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) has made several arrests in relation to a stolen property investigation in Burlington.
Police say since August 2020, various LCBO and Metro grocery stores throughout the City of Burlington and the Town of Oakville have been targeted by thieves.
The Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau began investigating the individuals responsible for stealing alcohol from these locations and police say the investigation revealed that the stolen alcohol was then sold for profit.
An investigation by the Burlington Risk Mitigation Team and Street Crime Unit has led to charges against the following individuals.
Victor Karanikolov, a 42-year-old from Mississauga was charged with possession of property obtained by crime - trafficking over $5000, possession of property obtained by crime - trafficking under $5000 and trafficking contraband tobacco.
Cory Mowers, a 50-year-old from Mississauga was charged with trafficking property obtained by crime, theft under $5000 (3 counts) and fail to comply release order.
Suzanne Grimes, a 42-year-old from Mississauga was charged with trafficking property obtained by crime, theft under $5000 (2 counts) and fail to comply release order.
Police say on November 20, 2020, Halton Police executed a search warrant at a residence in the City of Mississauga.
As a result, approximately $50,000 in stolen property (electronics, alcohol, personal care products, tools, clothing), anti-theft alarm tags, 43 cartons of contraband cigarettes, two sets of magnetic keys used to remove alarm tags, two cellular telephones, one laptop and $2570.00 cash were seized according to police.
Police say Mowers was held pending a court appearance in Milton.
Karanikolov and Grimes have been released from custody on an undertaking, according to police.
Anyone with information in regards to this investigation is asked to contact Acting Detective Kelly Blore of the Three District Risk Mitigation Team at (905) 825-4747 ext. 2306.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Multiple charges laid in car theft crime spree
- Two arrested in vehicle theft investigation; police seize vehicles, drugs and cash
- Three People Arrested and Charged Following an Alleged Stolen Vehicle
- Peel police bust four from Quebec following investigation into stolen Mississauga vehicles
- OPP Arrest And Charge Man With Possession Of Stolen Property From Mississauga
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021
- Cancel travel plans, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau urges Canadians
- Police investigate after shots fired at car in west Mississauga
- Employee at a McDonald’s in Mississauga tested positive for COVID-19
- New COVID cases in Peel Region follow provincial trend for daily numbers