Three Mississauga Residents Charged After Woman Dead from Fentanyl Use
York Regional Police have charged four people, including three Misissauga residents, following a fatal drug-related incident.
Around 6:50 p.m. on February 2, 2019, officers responded to a residence in the area of Hoover Park Drive and Ninth Line in the town of Whitchurch-Stouffville.
They located a deceased 28 year old woman.
“York Regional Police began an investigation into the death and learned that the victim had died as a result of the use of fentanyl,” police say.
Investigators believe the drug was provided to her by 24 year old Mississauga woman Claire Kozlowski, who was arrested on May 23, 2019.
Kozlowski was charged with manslaughter, criminal negligence causing death, and trafficking fentanyl.
Police later determined the identity of the dealer the accused reportedly purchased fentanyl from, as well as two other suspects involved in the trafficking of fentanyl.
On Wednesday, June 12, police arrested 27 year old Mississauga resident Jovane Jolly, 34 year old Mississauga resident Michael James Matthews, and 63 year old David Winn of no fixed address.
The three were found to be in possession of fentanyl and cocaine, police say.
They are each facing charges related to the trafficking of fentanyl and the possession of fentanyl and cocaine.
- GTA Man Accused of Manslaughter in Fentanyl Overdose Death
- Mississauga Men Charged in Major Drug Trafficking Scheme
- Fentanyl-Related Deaths Increasing in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Police Advise Safety Concern After Fentanyl Stolen from Vehicle in Mississauga
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga retirement home after employee tests positive for the virus
- Free bicycles available for Malton students who need them in Mississauga
- Skies will be clear in Mississauga for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- PHOTOS: A look at the newest selfie spot in Mississauga