Three Mississauga residents charged after police break up illegal gaming house
Multiple people, including three Mississauga residents, are facing charges after allegedly being found in an illegal gaming house in Toronto.
The suspects have also been charged with violating the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, which prohibits large gatherings in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Toronto police say that in the evening hours of Jan. 29, 2021, officers attended an address in the Dundas Street and Spadina Avenue area to investigate reports of a person with a gun. Police allege that officers entered the basement of the home in question and discovered 14 people engaged in what appeared to be illegal gaming.
Police allege that a quantity of cash was recovered at the scene.
According to police, three Mississauga residents—Yi-Mie Chen, 38, Tra-My, Pham, 46, and Mong Ha, Liew, 51—are facing charges for being found in a betting or gambling house.
An Oakville resident, A-chi Hoac, 62, is also facing charges for being found in a betting or gambling house.
Residents from Toronto, Markham and Whitby were also charged.
All of the accused are scheduled to appear in court on March 25, 2021.
Police say the investigation is ongoing and officers from the Financial Crimes Unit - Asset Forfeiture section have been assisting with the seized money obtained in the arrest.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400.
- Mississauga Man Facing Firearm Charges After Police Called to House Party
- Three Mississauga residents, including two teens, facing charges in connection with violent bank robbery
- Seven Mississauga Residents Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Accusing Police Officers of Theft
- Four People Facing Charges After Gun Allegedly Found During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- Ten sites in Mississauga will soon allow backyard chickens
- OPINION: It’s time for Doug Ford to stop deflecting and work towards reopening Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Linen Chest coming to Square One in Mississauga