Three facing firearms charges after traffic stop on border of Milton and Halton Hills
Three people are facing several weapons charges after a traffic stop on Trafalgar Rd. in Halton Hills last night.
A vehicle travelling north on Trafalgar Rd. from Milton was clocked by a Halton police speed enforcement officer just north of Hwy. 401, and a traffic stop was conducted in the area of Steeles Ave. and Hornby Rd.
Police said three people were in the vehicle and, under the Cannabis Control Act, a search of the vehicle was performed, which lead to the discovery of a loaded handgun in a bag.
A .40 caliber handgun loaded with eight rounds of ammunition was seized.
The three occupants of the vehicle were arrested at that time.
Justice Warner-Johnson, 26, of Pickering, Kye-Shawne Griffiths, 26, of Brampton and Amy Lovsin, 26, of Toronto have been charged with:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition
- Careless use of a firearm
- Possession of a prohibited weapon
Griffiths was held in custody pending a bail hearing. Warner-Johnson and Lovsin were released on Undertakings.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact the 1 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4777, ext. 2416.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or at the website.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising