Three-day food festival coming to Square One in Mississauga
It's hard to believe, but cultural celebrations—big ones that involve more than just one household—are back.
Night Market Toronto (NMTO) recently announced that it will be hosting an All You Can Eid market from July 23 to July 25 in celebration of Eid. The three-day festival, which is being held in partnership with Square One, will take place in the shopping centre's P3 parking lot.
The festival is part of NMTO's and Square One's food market series.
"The Muslim community is such a vibrant part of our city and we are super excited to tailor our dishes and be a part of the celebration," said Chef Rick Matharu of Rick's Good Eats, a popular Mississauga restaurant that specializes in home style Punjabi-Canadian cuisine, in a statement.
"After the year and a half we’ve had with Covid, lockdowns, and feeling disconnected from our communities, it’s amazing having well organized events like the Night Market Toronto to come out to with the family. Public programming is the soul of any city so having events like this gives us a chance to connect with our city again."
According to NMTO, attendees will be able to choose from 16 vendors that will be serving halal meat options. Participating vendors include Zobo, Slow Jams, Daddy Browns, Donia's Doner and more.
NMTO also said that Mayor Bonnie Crombie will make an appearance at the market on Saturday, July 24 at 5 pm.
The organizers are also partnering with Metalworks Studios, a local studio that will be operating the lights and production on the lot for all 2021 markets.
The Eid market will be open from 3:00 pm to 12:00 am on July 23 and 24 and from 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm on July 25.
COVID-related safety standards will be in effect at the festival.
Cover photo courtesy of Night Market Toronto’s official Facebook page
- Huge Asian Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga
- Huge Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
- Square One Night Market will offer summer-long food events for Mississauga diners
- Drive-thru Night Market coming to Square One this weekend
- Asian-Style Night Market Coming to Mississauga
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising