Three Brampton residents excited and "seeing stars" following big lotto wins
Three lucky Brampton residents—a 25-year-old woman and a couple—are celebrating big lotto wins.
OLG recently announced that Noella Noronha, 25, is $250,000 richer after winning with Instant Hit It Big (Game #2258).
Noronha, a research associate, said she is an occasional lottery player and this is her first big win.
According to OLG, she decided to pick up a few items at the store along with some tickets on her way home from work.
"The cashier told me there was a new ticket, so I tried it out," she told OLG.
Noronha was playing her ticket on her front porch and didn't think she won at first.
"I scanned my ticket using the OLG Lottery App and Big Winner appeared! I was overjoyed - I felt like I was seeing stars."
She plans to pay off her student debt and use the rest to build her future.
The winning ticket was purchased at Longo's on Hurontario Street in Brampton.
OLG also recently announced that David Entwistle and Giuseppina Borrello are celebrating after winning an Ontario 49 second prize worth $50,000 in the April 11, 2020 draw.
Entwistle told OLG he was at the store to buy a newspaper when he checked his ticket using the Ticket Checker.
"I saw Big Winner - $50,000 and tucked it in my pocket and went home to show my wife. It cheered her up from the pandemic lockdown blues," he said.
Entwistle said he plans to save some of the winnings to put towards his daughter's upcoming wedding and will take a trip when it's safe to travel again.
The winning ticket was purchased at Circle K on Steeles Avenue in Brampton.
- Mississauga man wins big on instant ticket as he scanned his ticket 5 times
- A big lottery win in Brampton had his wife almost fall on the floor
- Massive Winning Lotto Prize Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Massive Winning Lottery Ticket Recently Sold in Mississauga
- Massive Winning Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Police responding to males trying to jump from bridge into Credit River in Mississauga