Three arrested after police seize guns and drugs during traffic stop in Oshawa
Published July 1, 2021 at 1:48 pm
A recent traffic stop in Oshawa has led to charges against three people.
On Tuesday, June 29, members from Durham police’s Central East Community Response Team stopped a vehicle in the area of Albert Street and Elm Street for a Highway Traffic Act offence.
“Upon further investigation, officers discovered an occupant with a loaded firearm,” said police. “Upon locating the firearm, the suspect assaulted the officer and fled on foot.”
After a brief pursuit on foot, the suspect was taken into custody and another firearm was located, according to police.
Officers reportedly also located a quantity of drugs, namely cocaine and fentanyl.
25 year old Alexander Mitchell of no fixed address is facing the following charges and was held for a bail hearing:
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm x2
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing It’s Unauthorized x2
- Possession of a Firearm with a Tampered Serial Number
- Possession of a Loaded Firearm x2
- Possession of a Firearm in a Vehicle x2
- Possess Contrary to Order x2
- Assault Peace Officer
- Possession of a Prohibited Device x2
- Possession for Purpose of Trafficking Cocaine and Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (fentanyl)
24 year old Brittany Lewis from Scarborough and 20 year old Jamel Rose from Kitchener are charged with Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (cocaine). They were released on an Undertaking.
Photo: Durham police handoutinsauga's Editorial Standards and Policies