Three hot spot areas in Mississauga have the highest COVID-19 positivity
Three areas in Mississauga are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of March 28 to April 3.
Of the top 50 listed, three are in Mississauga (compared to one during the previous week):
L4T at 16.55% (area of Goreway and Morning Star)
12th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (6th during previous week)
L5B at 12.11% (area of Hurontario from Hwy 403 to QEW)
36th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L4W at 12.00% (area of Highway 401 and Pearson Airport)
39th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
Meanwhile, Brampton had 10 areas listed in the top 50.
“Ontario continues to see steep increases in case numbers and percent positivity for COVID-19," ICES reports.
"For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of March 28 was 6.1% (versus 4.9% the previous week).”
The same data for the week indicates that out of all of Ontario's 34 public health units, Peel Region (Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon) currently has by far the worst COVID-19 percent positivity.
The province announced earlier this week that it will be opening up vaccination to anyone 18 years of age and older in hotspot neighbourhoods in such hard-hit municipalities as Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon and Toronto.
The full data is available to read here.
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- 5 areas in Mississauga that have the highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Four postal codes in Mississauga with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Two Mississauga neighbourhoods among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Mississauga, Brampton students likely to finish school year via remote learning
- Alternating the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines causes frequent mild to moderate symptoms but safe
- Cake purchased at Farm Boy in Hamilton, Burlington or Oakville faces recall
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Ontario doctors urging Province extend lockdown set to expire in late May