Three adults, one youth charged in St. Catharines, Niagara Falls drug bust
Published August 9, 2022 at 11:17 am
A double-sweep at two separate homes in St. Catharines and Niagara Falls saw three adults and one minor charged with drug offences.
Niagara Police said they have spent some time on this investigation but in the end, two search warrants turned up a considerable stash between the two homes.
Yesterday (August 8) after two search warrants were issued, the police seized:
- 418 grams of methamphetamine
- 260 grams of fentanyl
- 22 grams of cocaine
- A loaded Glock 45 pistol
- A modified shotgun
- $21,280 in currency
The estimated street value of the drugs is $122,000.
Mustafa Nantambu, 24, of Mississauga, Ashley Taylor Mitchell, 28, of St. Catharines, Katelyn Victoria Casson, 38, of St. Catharines, and a 14 year old male from Toronto are charged with:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (Methamphetamine)
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (Fentanyl)
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (Cocaine)
- Two counts of possession of a Restricted or Prohibited Firearm Knowingly Not Holding a Licence
- Possession of Firearm Knowing the Serial Number has been Tampered With
- Careless Storage of a Firearm
- Possession of a Restricted or Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime Over $5,000
- Possession of Prohibited Device
All four persons were held in custody pending a video bail hearing today (August 9) at the courthouse in St. Catharines.
Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to contact detectives by calling 905-688-4111, extension 1024233.
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies