Thousands of Dishwashers Recalled in Mississauga and Beyond
Dishwashers are a common household appliance in Mississauga, and a recall has been issued for a whopping 61,000 dishwashers of a few major brands and model types.
BSH Home Appliances Corporation put out a recall back in 2015 for a few dishwasher brands. Two years later, the company has expanded the recall to include several more Bosch, Thermador, Gaggenau, Kenmore, and Jenn-Air dishwashers that were manufactured from September 2012 to January 2015, and sold from January 2013 to May 2015.
The reason for the recall?
According to Health Canada, the dishwashers have been identified as a major fire hazard - the power cord can overheat.
You can check whether your dishwasher is affected by finding the model and serial numbers inside of the dishwasher, likely on top of the inner door panel or on the right side of the dishwasher panels. Further, the dishwashers are cUL certified with file number E103022.
Here are the affected models (asterisks indicate they were on the October 2015 recall):
As of yet, there haven't been reports of injuries or property damage from these dishwashers in Canada, though five reports of property damage have come in from the U.S.
A total of 61,000 units have been recalled in Canada and 408,000 in the states.
If you have one of these dishwashers, Health Canada has advised that you stop using it immediately and take the following steps:
Contact the Safety Recall Hotline toll-free at 1-888-965-5813 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday or visit the brand websites as seen below.
- Bosch and click on Safety Notices
- Thermador and click on Safety Notices
- Gaggenau and click on Support and Safety Notices
- Kenmore Elite and click on Product Safety & Recalls below Customer Support
- Jenn-Air and click on product recalls at the bottom of the page
For further details click here.
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Mississauga
- Kale Salad Product Recalled in Mississauga Due to Possible Contamination
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Here's How You Can Get Free Gas in Mississauga
- Recall Issued for Multiple USB Chargers That Could Catch Fire
- Popular Baby Product Recalled for Being a Fire Hazard
- Health Canada Recalls More Than 5000 Child Strollers from Mississauga-Based Manufacturer
- Massive Food Recall Affects Many Stores in Mississauga
- Massive Kellogg’s Recall on Products Sold in Mississauga (and Beyond)