Thousands Expected at Major Food Festival in Mississauga This Weekend
Another major food festival is coming to Mississauga this weekend!
The largest halal food fest in North America, the Halal Food Festival Toronto is coming to Mississauga for its fifth year on July 15 from 10 a.m.-10 p.m. and July 16 from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. at the International Centre in Mississauga.
The two-day festival expects over 35,000 visitors this year, with over 100 of Toronto’s best halal restaurants, bakeries, specialty stores, and manufacturers for attendees to peruse.
Notable exhibitors and dishes include butter chicken and waffles from Messy's Sandwiches, a Unicorn Cronut from the Pastry Shop, and Jamaican halal cuisine from Rose's kitchen.
The event also boasts stage shows including the popular Cake Walk hosted by comedian Aman Ali, with special guest judges Amanda Saab, a past contestant on MasterChef on Fox, and Yvonne Maffei, author of the popular blog-turned cookbook, My Halal Kitchen.
“We’re excited to host nearly 200 halal food booths, the most we’ve ever had, for Halal Food Fest’s fifth anniversary event,” said Salima Jivraj, founder of Halal Food Fest. “The Muslim population continues to grow in Canada, and because of it, the halal food industry is also growing. The demand for halal food is there, but there’s still room for more education around what halal is and what makes certain foods halal. Providing education is one of our goals at Halal Food Fest, and that’s why our festival is for everyone - Muslim or not.”
Guests can also look forward to cooking demonstrations by Kaif Khan and Chef Russell Auckbaraullee, and live performances by artists and comedians, including Khaled Siddique and Aman Ali.
The event will also feature an indoor 5,000 square foot playground for kids with insect and reptile shows, face painting, balloons and meet and greets with popular characters.
That just encompasses what will be indoors at the event - the festival will also have an outdoor area hosting dozens of grills, for everything from beef ribs to burgers.
Other highlights include the festival’s shopping bazaar, where attendees can browse unique products and services.
Tickets are $5 each for adults, while children under 10 and seniors can get in for free. Sample tickets will also be available for purchase at event, priced at $10 for 20 tickets.
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fire Breaks Out in Mississauga
- Owning a Home Officially Cheaper Than Renting, Report Says
- How Much Do You Have to Give Up to Afford a Downpayment in Mississauga?
- Ontario's Finances in Worse Shape Than Reported, Says Finance Minister
- Massive Food Festival About to Kick Off in Mississauga
- Huge Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
- Massive Two-Day Japanese Food and Entertainment Festival Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
- Huge Asian Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga
- Unique New Food Festival Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever