Thorold looking for residents to serve on community committees
Published December 20, 2022 at 3:21 pm
For all the Thorold residents looking to put their stamp on local government, here’s their opportunity.
The city’s committees or board of managements need fresh membership for the 2022 to 2026 term.
“The City is looking forward to welcoming residents with diverse backgrounds and experiences to our committees and boards of management for the new Council term,” says Thorold CAO Manoj Dilwaria.
“Council’s approval of two new committees this term, the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Advisory Committee and the Environment, Climate Change and Biodiversity Advisory Committee demonstrates a strong commitment to the Thorold Community. These new advisory groups will ensure we are incorporating residents’ ideas and feedback on important projects related to diversity and inclusion and environmental issues as the city of Thorold continues to grow.”
Recruitment is taking place for the following:
- Committee of Adjustment
- Community Events Advisory Committee
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Advisory Committee
- Environment Climate Change and Biodiversity Advisory Committee
- Heritage Advisory Committee
- Joint Accessibility Advisory
- Parks, Trails and Recreation Committee
- Road Safety Committee
- Thorold Age Friendly Committee
- Tourism Advisory Committee
- Town & Gown Committee
- Runway of Recognition Sub-Committee
- Lake Gibson Corridor Task Force Sub-Committee
- Active Transportation Sub-Committee
- Allanburg Community Centre Board of Management
- Darlene Ryan Port Robinson Community Centre Board of Management
- Thorold Public Library Board
Residents are encouraged to apply before January 8, 2023 by using the electronic application form on the City’s website, or by picking up a hard copy application at City Hall, Thorold Community Arena, Thorold Public Library, Thorold Seniors’ Centre or Thorold Community Activities Group, and returning the completed form to City Hall reception.
Applications will be reviewed at a City Council meeting in January after the application closing date. Successful candidates will be contacted by the City Clerk and results will be shared on the City’s website and social media.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising