This year's Boxing Day sales projected to mirror Black Friday sales in Canada
According to a recent report, Boxing Day sales are projected to mirror Black Friday Sales in Canada.
The report, conducted by RedFlagDeals.com found that 90 per cent of respondents said they intend to take advantage of the myriad of Boxing Day deals this year.
Additionally, 63.22 per cent of respondents said they intend to shop exclusively online this Boxing Day.
“It’s amazing how online sales have caught on. Our 2019 Boxing Day survey showed that 30.38 per cent said they would shop online and in-store, and just 5.49 per cent responded only in-store. People are busy, and shopping from the comfort of their own homes is tempting. Strategic shopping such as Boxing Day means they can save both time and money,” Jeff Novak, RedFlagDeals.com general manager, said in a news release.
Nearly a third—30.14 per cent—said they plan on spending between $100 and $200, which is just 1.74 per cent more than respondents from an earlier survey by RedFlagDeals.com regarding Black Friday deals said they planned on spending.
More than three-quarters of respondents—78.13 per cent—said they intend to research potential purchases using online forums.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak affecting staff members at Mississauga Hospital
- Pizza Pizza introducing new tamper-proof box
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of tractor trailer carrying food rolls over in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau says we won’t return to complete normalcy until a vaccine is produced
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, over 400 total cases confirmed in Mississauga