This week’s Hamilton schools COVID-19 cases and closures : Oct. 18 to Oct. 22
Published October 22, 2021 at 10:41 pm
The following is a summary of active COVID-19 cases reported by the two Hamilton-Wentworth school boards between Oct. 18 and Oct. 22.
Cases that are not linked to outbreaks were not necessarily transmitted in the schools, but may have been transmitted elsewhere in the community.
Some cases from earlier in the week may since be considered resolved and not listed. All cases are among students unless otherwise noted.
Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB)
- Nora Henderson S.S. — Cases: 1
- Orchard Park S.S. — Cases: 1, linked to an outbreak
- Pauline Johnson E.S. — Cases: 1
- Parkway Learning Centre — Cases: 1
- Shannen Koostachin E.S. — Cases: 3
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier E.S. — Cases: 1, linked to an outbreak
- South Meadow E.S. — Cases: 2
- Westwood E.S. — Cases: 1
The HWDSB COVID-19 advisory page does not list when classrooms and high school cohorts are closed because of a new case. When that happens, children are sent home to learn remotely during a quarantine period of at least 10 days.
Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board (HWDSB)
The H-W Catholic board has seven active cases, but only two have been reported since Monday (Oct. 18), and none were reported on Thursday or Friday (Oct. 21-22). Some classrooms and cohorts are affected due to confirmed cases prior to that date, as noted below.
- Bishop Ryan C.S.S. — Cases: 2, affected classrooms: 2
- Holy Name of Jesus C.E.S. — Cases: 1 (Oct. 17), affected classrooms: 5
- St. Agnes C.E.S. — Cases: 2 (Oct. 16), affected classrooms: 2
- St. Jean de Brébeuf C.S.S. — Cases: 1 (Oct. 15), affected classrooms: 1
- St. Paul C.E.S. — Cases: 1, affected classrooms: 1
- St. Thomas More C.S.S. — Cases: 1 (Oct. 15), affected classrooms: 2