This Thanksgiving, help those in need with Mayor Crombie's 2020 Thanksgiving Food Drive
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and while it’s typically a time for us to stop and appreciate the good things in our lives, it’s also a great time to help those who aren’t quite as fortunate.
Of course, the circumstances are a lot different this year — with the COVID-19 pandemic having such a widespread impact since March, many residents in Mississauga and beyond have been struggling to make ends meet and put food on the table.
Nowhere is this clearer than with the Mississauga Food Bank, which saw a massive 138% increase in people accessing food banks for the first time, and served over 22,000 unique visitors during the pandemic.
If you’re wondering what you can do to help your fellow Mississaugans, then supporting Mayor Crombie’s Thanksgiving Food Drive is a great and easy option.
The Thanksgiving Food Drive is raising funds and collecting food to help residents in need, with a goal of $250,000 and 170,000 pounds of food by Sunday, October 18 — but they can only reach that goal if enough residents chip in.
In a giving spirit and want to donate? You can do so by visiting themississaugafoodbank.org/thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving, Mississauga!
- Get a delicious Thanksgiving meal delivered to your door from The Food District in Mississauga
- Thanksgiving Celebration Set to Hit Mississauga This Weekend
- Mississauga Foodbank sees large increase in first time users
- One Beer Store location will remain open in Mississauga on Thanksgiving
- Feed Canada launching new program to assist Ontario food banks meet increased demand amid pandemic
- Police say body of what appears to be missing teen from Bradford, Ont., found
- Police investigating reports of woman being forced into vehicle in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspects following break and enter in Mississauga
- Doug Ford suggests that restrictions on Mississauga could be eased after the 28-day rollback ends
- Mississauga retiree plans to buy car following big lotto win