This Special Weather Statement Is In Effect for Mississauga
It feels like spring.
So quick, swap your boots for some sexier footwear.
And grab an umbrella, too.
A special weather statement is in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills.
Mild and rainy conditions are on tap for most of southern Ontario today, tonight and into Friday.
"The rain is expected to be patchy and light for much of today, but may become more widespread tonight and into Friday," reads the Environment Canada warning issued at 5:33 a.m. Thursday.
Rainfall totals of 10 to 20 mm are predicted, "although some areas may see higher amounts."
Rain, combined with melting snow, may result in pooling of water on roads and low-lying areas.
But there's more weather changes in store.
"A very strong cold front will cross the region from northwest to southeast on Friday bringing an abrupt end to the mild spell," the federal weather agency predicts.
"Rain will quickly transition to snow, with a risk of brief freezing rain during the changeover."
Snowfall amounts are expected to be limited to a few centimetres.
"With the much colder air moving in on Friday, icy conditions on roads and sidewalks are likely due to the freezing of residual water from either melted snow or rain."
Thursday's predicted high is 9 C with a low of 4 C.
Friday is expected to reach 1 C with a low of -12 C.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak affecting staff members at Mississauga Hospital
- Justin Trudeau says we won’t return to complete normalcy until a vaccine is produced
- Pizza Pizza introducing new tamper-proof box
- Robbers escape by air after stealing gold bars from Canadian mine in Mexico
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, over 400 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Another Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Mississauga
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
- Snow and Freezing Rain Headed for Mississauga This Week
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Mississauga