This Number Of Canadians Would Take Prescribed Drugs With Cannabis, Report
The recent legalization of cannabis usage has had its fair share of discussion lately, and most of it seems to be relatively positive.
This trend is reflected in the latest Ipsos study, where research has found that two in three (65 per cent) Canadians would be willing to take a drug containing cannabis that their doctor prescribed, if approved by Health Canada and covered by either public or private insurance.
In particular, those more likely to be willing to take these drugs include men (69 per cent), those aged 18-34 (72 per cent), and residents of Ontario (71 per cent).
However, if these drugs were not covered by public or private insurance and patients had to pay out of pocket, about four in ten (39%) would still be willing to do so.
An overwhelming majority (82 per cent) of Canadians agree that cannabis can relieve pain and other symptoms and that creating medicines based on cannabis could open the door to many new forms of treatment.
Furthermore, over two-thirds (68 per cent) of Canadians are willing to take cannabis to help manage things like chronic pain or depression, potentially interesting for those who suffer from conditions that could be treated with cannabis-based medicines.
For prescription purposes itself, however, 45 per cent of Canadians say their doctor prescribed cannabis willingly, compared to nine per cent of those who were refused by their doctors when asked to prescribe cannabis for whatever reason (i.e. doctor didn't believe in cannabis' effectiveness).
The survey was given to a random sample of 2,002 Canadians, aged 18 and over. The poll is accurate to within 2.5 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.
What do you think of cannabis' effectiveness in prescribed drugs?
- Emergency Services Responding To Active House Fire in Mississauga
- A Flood Outlook is Currently in Effect for Mississauga
- Two Mississauga Women Celebrating Big Lotto Win
- Police Searching for Possible Contractor Wanted for Uttering Threats in Mississauga
- Here's How You Can Get A Dozen Doughnuts For $1 This Week
- Major Lifestyle Store Now Selling Cannabis Online
- Majority of Ontario Residents Oppose Government Run Cannabis Stores
- Here’s How Private Cannabis Stores Will Function in Mississauga
- A Cannabis Retail Store Could be Coming to Mississauga Soon
- Is Having a Cannabis Store in Your Neighbourhood a Good Thing?