This Mexican Restaurant Has A Unique Option on Their Menu in Mississauga
Burritos have become famous and beloved staples of Mexican cuisine. A bunch of ingredients such as rice, corn, beans with sauce wrapped up in a tortilla come together to make a good, quick option for lunch during a busy day.
First opening in Toronto in 2004, Quesada Burritos and Tacos brands itself as “the 100 per cent Canadian Mexican burrito” with a wide range of flavours and options besides burritos, such as burrito bowls, tacos, quesadillas, tortilla salads, with all the ingredients freshly prepared.
Now, for at least a limited time only, a vegan burrito option is available at Quesada’s 114 locations
The Ancho Braised-Tofu burrito is available in Quesada’s standard burrito form, bowl, quesadilla, tacos , nachos and tortilla salad.Made with roasted tofu and braised in a homemade ancho and chipotle pepper sauce, the new ancho-braised tofu burrito offers diners a smoky-sweet flavour with an ‘extra kick,’ courtesy of pasilla, ancho, and morita peppers that are popular in traditional Mexican cuisine.
“With ancho-braised tofu, we’re redefining what meatless means,” said founder Steve Gill. “We’re committed to offering all Canadians, no matter what their dietary preferences, the tastiest tacos and burritos in the country.”
The brand plans to launch a second meatless menu item in early 2019.
For more information about Quesada, please see the video below:
Cover photo courtesy of Quesada Burritos and Tacos’ Facebook page.
- Woman assaulted by stranger in unprovoked attack in Mississauga: Police
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- Mayor says “no evidence” to suggest Mississauga needs to be rolled back to Stage 2
- Ontario reports 401 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase since early June