This is Exactly How Much a Condo Will Cost You in Mississauga
Even with increasingly tight housing market conditions, there seems to be a glimmer of hope in regards to home sales.
That glimmer resides in condominiums. With a cost, no less.
The Toronto Real Estate Board's (TREB) annual quarterly report revealed that although condominium apartment sales were down in the last few months in 2018 versus 2017 (9.9 per cent), along with decreased listings, condos have remained relatively affordable.
"The condominium apartment segment was the best-performing segment in terms of annual average rates of price growth in 2018," Toronto Real Estate Board President Garry Bhaura said.
Average price growth remained well-above the rate of inflation and annual rates of price growth reported for other ground-oriented home types Bharua said.
However, the average price of a condo saw an 8.3 per cent increase to $558,728 in Q4 2018 from $516,086 in Q4 2017.
Peel felt this increase firsthand, with the average price rising to $424,860 in 2018 from $389,446 in 2017. Mississauga did see 548 sales alone, of the 654 condos sold in Peel.
Concentration around Mississauga City Centre remains, which saw two bedroom condos selling the most (90) in Q4 2018.
The increase in pricing also affected Halton, which saw a rise in pricing to $510,946 in 2018 from $461,200 in 2017. Oakville and Burlington saw 88 and 90 sales, respectively, of the 222 condo sales in the region.
"The condominium apartment segment continued to be a key entry point into the GTA home ownership market in 2018," TREB Director of Market Analysis Jason Mercer said.
Mercer raised concern, however, when looking into the future.
"Moving forward, the concern is that a lack of listings supply, despite relatively strong new condo completions as of late, will hamper the ability of potential home buyers to meet their housing needs," he said.
- BREAKING: Fried Chicken Festival Changing Location in Mississauga
- New Mississauga Location for Fried Chicken Festival Revealed
- Mississauga Set to Consider Ambitious Multi-Million Dollar Climate Change Plan
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Justin Trudeau Pledges to Ban Assault Weapons Following Mass Shooting in Mississauga
- Condo Prices Skyrocketing in Mississauga and Beyond
- Mississauga’s Most Affordable Housing Type Becoming Increasingly More Expensive
- New Report Suggests One Housing Type is Good for Buyers on a Budget in Mississauga
- Double Digit Price Growth Expected in Mississauga Homes This Year
- Here's Where Condo Prices are at in Mississauga