This Canadian Company is Inventing a Very Bizarre Beer
If you're a beer-lover, something new is set to hit the market that you might want to try. It's true - marijuana beer will soon be a thing across the country.
Anyone with internet access knows that the federal government is legalizing marijuana in Canada in the coming months. Though there has been some controversy surrounding the new legislation, it looks like some companies are running with the development.
Province Brands recently announced that they are patenting a technology to create the "world's first beers brewed from the cannabis plant," according to a recent statement.
The Canadian company says that it will replace grains with cannabis during the brewing process to create marijuana beer.
According to Province Brands, marijuana beer is set to be "alcohol-free, yet highlight intoxicating, and with a dose-response curve similar to that of alcohol."
So you will soon be able to drink marijuana and feel its effects that way.
But that's not all, Province Brands is also working on marijuana-powered spirits in addition to marijuana-powered beer.
"In addition to being nontoxic and non carcinogenic, Province's alcohol-free beers and spirits are low calorie, low sugar, and most are gluten free," said the company.
"[...] Province's marijuana-powered beers and spirits are designed to challenge the $1.2 trillion alcohol industry by offering a safer and healthier alternative."
That's right - the new booze will reportedly be safer and healthier than alcoholic beer.
The Toronto-based Province Brands calls itself a "highly disruptive premium adult beverage company" and that's pretty evident from this new venture.
There is currently no timeline for the new beer to hit shelves, nor has any information been revealed in terms of where the beverage will be sold.
We'll have to wait and see!
Would you try marijuana beer?
- Province Asks for Public Feedback on Federal Plan to Legalize Marijuana
- Beer Store Prepared to Battle Doug Ford Over Beer in Corner Stores
- This Major Drugstore Will Sell Marijuana in Mississauga
- Major Company Set to Participate in Buck-a-Beer
- Province Set to Choose Locations for Marijuana Stores in Mississauga and Beyond
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Energy firm Suncor uprooting Mississauga and Oakville offices