This 'Buck A Beer' is Coming to the LCBO in Mississauga
It looks like there's another option for those looking for 'buck a beer' in Ontario.
Loblaws announced it is launching a beer based on its infamous 'no name' brand during this coming Family Day long weekend. From February 15 to February 17, the 'no name' beer will be available LCBO locations for $6.60 (including deposit), while supplies last.The black and yellow brand at Loblaws and the companies various subsidiaries are quite familiar and have been used for everything from other drinks (hot chocolate, tea, juice), snacks, meat, household items and pet food.
“Our no name brand was built on a promise of simple products at outstanding value. This is what we’re bringing to beer drinkers who are looking for a quality beer, without all the lifestyle frills,” says Ian Gordon, no name's Senior Vice President.
“The new no name beer will stand out with its recognizable yellow label, and one word: Beer. It’s a beacon for customers looking for a great taste at an unbeatable price,” Gordon concluded, adding that they experienced record sales and customer feedback when they piloted 'buck a beer' last fall.
Family Day would be the first in a series of weekends which Loblaws says they will be running this promotion.
A good chunk of you always look for these premium brands of beer or stick with brands you know, but sometimes it doesn’t matter that beer has a name, just that it’s beer.
Will you be buying some of this beer over this coming weekend?
- One postal code in Mississauga has a startling 21% COVID-19 positivity rate
- Trudeau pushes back against travel restrictions as Mississauga's Pearson Airport continues to see COVID-19 cases
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- MAYORS CHAT: Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown chats COVID-19, vaccines and the India flight ban – May 7, 2021