This Beloved Contest Has Returned to Tim Hortons in Mississauga
It's that time of year again when Canadians across the country start buying more coffee than ever in the hopes of winning some incredible prizes.
That's right, Roll Up the Rim to Win has returned to Tim Hortons, and 2019 marks the 33rd year of the popular contest.
This year, there are more than 40 million prizes to be won including 40 Jeep Compass 4x4 SUVs, 100 $5,000 CIBC prepaid cards, 1,000 GT bicycles from Sport Chek, 50,000 $50 Tim Hortons gift cards, and more than 40 million coffee and food prizes (free donuts - count us in).
And new to the contest this year is a unique creative campaign.
“We are also proud to share this year’s creative campaign, which shows off the fun and exciting side of Roll Up the Rim in a really lighthearted way," Jorge Zaidan, Head of Marketing, Tim Hortons Canada, said in a press release.
"The campaign, created by ad agency Zulu Alpha Kilo, treats Roll Up the Rim as a professional sport that unites Canadians season after season."
The campaign, however, will go beyond just coffee cups. It will expand to billboards across the country featuring motivational messages, such as ‘You miss 100% of the rims you don’t roll’.
In addition to the traditional method, there are other ways of winning prizes during this contest.
Roll Up the Rim participants are encouraged to post pictures of their own Roll Up winning moments on social media for a chance to win another Jeep Compass 4x4 SUV. Participants can post, either on Instagram or Twitter, a selfie with their Roll Up The Rim cup using the hashtags #RollUpTheRim #SocialContest.
And on Facebook, players can enter by posting a selfie with their Roll Up The Rim cup in the comments thread of designated contest posts.
Roll Up The Rim starts today (Feb. 6) and will run until April 17, 2019, or while cup supplies last.
Prizes can be redeemed until May 3, 2019.
Photo is courtesy of Tim Hortons' Facebook page.
- PHOTOS: Trillium Health Partners building temporary pandemic response unit in Mississauga
- An employee of a Real Canadian Superstore in Mississauga has contracted COVID-19
- Mississauga home prices stabilizing amid COVID-19 pandemic
- These are the companies currently hiring amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Police searching for two suspects in connection to a home invasion in Mississauga
- Tim Hortons is scrapping Roll Up The Rim cups due to the coronavirus
- Roll Up the Rim is Back in Mississauga Very Soon
- Tim Hortons Brings Back Roll Up the Rim in Special Edition
- Tim Hortons temporarily stops accepting reusable cups amid COVID-19 concerns
- City of Mississauga Hosts Contest with Very Exciting Prizes