Third Suspect Charged in Assault Against Man with Autism in Mississauga
Investigators from the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau have arrested a third male responsible for a vicious assault on a male with autism, in the City of Mississauga.
On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at approximately 10:45 p.m. Peel Regional Police responded to a violent assault that occurred in the Square One bus terminal located at 200 Rathburn Road West in the City of Mississauga.
The 29 year-old victim from Mississauga was sitting on the lower level stairs in the bus terminal when he was approached by three male suspects. The three males surrounded the victim and proceeded to punch and kick the male multiple times. The suspects then fled the area.
The victim was taken to local hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 investigators issued a Canada Wide Arrest Warrant for Jaspaul Uppal, a 21-year-old male, of no-fixed address for Aggravated Assault.
On Saturday, May 19, 2018, he surrendered himself to the Abbotsford Police Department in British Columbia.
Uppal has been returned to the Region of Peel and is charged with one count of Aggravated Assault.
Uppal will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Thursday, May 24, 2018 for a bail hearing.
On Friday, March 23, 2018 Peel Regional Police investigators with the assistance of Windsor Police arrested and charged Parmvir ‘Parm’ Singh Chahil, a 21-year-old male of no fixed address for Aggravated Assault. On Monday, March 26, 2018 Peel Regional Police Investigators arrested and charged Ronjot Dhami, a 25-year-old male of no fixed address also for one count of Aggravated Assault.
Peel Regional Police would like to thank the Abbotsford Police Department specifically their Gang Crime Unit and the RCMP for their assistance.
To view the video with the suspects, click here.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses, or anyone who may have information concerning this investigation to contact 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121 Ext 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Third Suspect Sought in Assault Against Man with Autism in Mississauga
- Second Suspect Arrested Following “Vicious” Attack on Man With Autism in Mississauga
- Suspect Arrested Following Disturbing Attack on Man With Autism in Mississauga
- Police Hunting for Aggravated Assault Suspect in Mississauga
- Male Charged with Criminal Harassment of Mississauga Woman
- Mississauga, Brampton students likely to finish school year via remote learning
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Cyclist taken to hospital after being hit by car in Brampton
- Three dozen Mississauga residents ticketed at outdoor gatherings
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19, vaccines and tickets - May 11, 2021