These Were the Most Popular Dog Breeds in Canada in 2018
Dogs truly are a man's (or woman's) best friend. They're cuddly, cute, and some do the strangest but funniest things (my seven-pound dog once ate six and a half raw hotdogs).
We all have our preferences on breeds, however, some are more popular than others.
The Canadian Kennel Club recently announced the top 10 most popular purebred dog breeds in the country in 2018. And, at the top of the list is the Labrador Retriever.
In 2018 the Labrador Retriever, German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, and Poodle maintained their spots as the top four breeds.
Although, there still were some changes from last year. The French Bulldog (a breed that has become popular due to its small stature a minimal grooming needs) made its way to the top five spot and, for the first time ever, the Portuguese Water Dog made it onto the list.
The Portuguese Water Dog, as the list shows, has become increasingly popular over the years. So much so that our own Prime Minister added one to his family back in 2016.
"Dogs are an integral part of our families and our lives," Lance Novak, Executive Director, Canadian Kennel Club, said in a recent press release.
Which dog is at the top of your list?
Photo is courtesy of the Canadian Kennel Club.
- PHOTOS: Police Searching for Break and Enter Suspect in Mississauga
- Changes Coming to a Building at Major Mississauga Intersection
- Police Searching For a Missing Woman Last Seen in Mississauga
- Peel Police Investigating Strange Odour In Mississauga
- Peel Police Searching For Suspect In Connection To Multiple Break And Enters In Mississauga
- Popular Portuguese Chicken Joint Expanding in Mississauga
- A Mississauga-Based School Has Made it Onto an Exciting List
- Here are the Most Popular Shows on Netflix Around the World
- Canada Recently Ranked Number One on This Exciting List
- Popular Canadian Chain Launches One-of-a-Kind Burrito in Mississauga