These Square One stores have officially reopened in Mississauga
Last week, Mississauga was officially given the go-ahead to enter stage 2 of the province's three-phase reopening plan, which meant that local indoor malls, salons and restaurant patios could finally reopen.
On Wednesday, June 24, Square One—the city's most famous shopping centre—opened its doors after a months-long shutdown.
While not all stores and restaurants are opening immediately, residents can now enjoy some in-store shopping at retailers that could not offer curbside pickup (or couldn't open because they do not have a streetfront entrance) over the course of the lockdown.
Now that the shopping centre has been open for a few days, more restaurants and retailers have opened their doors.
As of June 29, Square One stores that have reopened include American Eagle Outfitters, Apple, Aroma Espresso Bar, Aritizia, Babaton, Banana Republic, Bath and Body Works, Big Smoke Burger, Blossom Moments, Chatime, Chronic Ink, Coach, Crate and Barrel, Donato Salon + Spa, Earls, Foot Locker, Gap, H&M, Harry Rosen, Holt Renfrew, Hudson's Bay, Indigo, Indochino, La Carnita, Lululemon, Matt and Nat, Old Navy, Pandora, Pier 87 Fish Market & Grill, Plancha, Playdium (go-karts), REDS Wine Tavern, Roots, Scaddabush, Sephora, Simons, Toys Cubed, The Wine Shop & Tasting Room, Uniqlo, Urban Outfitters, Wilfred, Zara and more.
To see a full list open stores and restaurants, click here.
According to Square One, the food court will not offer seating, so shoppers will need to take food home with them.
As for what to expect when shopping, Square One's website says the shopping centre has implemented the following health and safety procedures:
Increased cleaning frequency in high-touch and high-traffic areas using best practices and products identified by health organizations
Installed signage to reinforce physical distancing, guide customer traffic flow and hygiene
Placed hand sanitizer stations throughout the shopping centre
Limited capacity in elevators and washrooms
Some seating has been removed and clearly marked as out-of-use to maintain physical distance
Valet parking operations have been suspended
Water fountains have been decommissioned
Strollers / Smartecartes have been decommissioned
Square One says that while masks are recommended, they are not mandatory at this time.
For more information, click here.
- Square One in Mississauga will not make masks mandatory
- These Mississauga retailers are open (or opening) for in-store shopping
- Square One set to reopen this week in Mississauga
- These Square One stores are offering curbside pickup in Mississauga
- Shopping Shift: How indoor malls will look different under new COVID-19 measures
- Police on scene for males fighting with bats in Mississauga
- UPDATE: 82 year old motorcyclist dead following crash in Mississauga
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Mississauga
- Hugely popular dessert restaurant coming to Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga
- Police responding to large disturbance after fight breaks out in Mississauga