These Restaurants Will be at Mississauga’s Newest Food and Street Festival
Summer might be drawing to a close, but festival season isn't over yet—especially since a first-of-its-kind food festival is about to hit Mississauga.
Mississauga's inaugural Taste of Cooksville festival is scheduled to kick off on Sunday, Sept. 22
Organizers say that more than 20 vendors have signed up for the festival and will be bringing a $5 signature dish for visitors to give them as 'taste' of Cooksville.
This will make the Taste of Cooksville a superbly affordable festival.
Mississauga Councillor Dipika Damerla will mark the festival’s inauguration with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 1:00 pm in the main presentation area located on the corner of Jaguar and Dundas.
Commuters should note that Dundas Street will be closed down to vehicular traffic from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm between Hurontario Street and Camilla Road.
The entire area will be transformed into a pedestrian-friendly, lively and vibrant "town square" that will offer attendees a taste of the hidden gems of Cooksville - namely the numerous eateries that are tucked away in the nooks and corners of Dundas and Hurontario Streets.
Free parking will be available at Cooksville GO Station, TLK Secondary School and numerous plazas.
There will be a free bike valet service available at the event, so people are encouraged to cycle if they can.
From Mexican to Korean, European to Asian, Vietnamese to Pakistani and Indian cuisine, the festival will feature many different restaurants from the area.
Here are some of the restaurants that will showcase their specialities:
- Potluck Caribbean Cuisine
- Pho Do Thi
- WOW Korean Cuisine
- The Village
- Topdon Chicken
- Trigo Bakery
- Burrito Boyz
- Ding Tea
- Yumy's Chicken & Seafood
- Udupi Madras Cafe
- Dominos Pizza
- Caribbean Rush
- ALB Softy Ice Cream
- EuroMax Foods
- My Empanada
- Gulabo Teas
- Bairrada Churrasqueira
- Sam's Juice Truck
The event will also feature busker-style performances by local musicians, a skateboard park, an inflatable feature and a face painting/henna artistry booth.
- PHOTOS: Here's What Happened at Mississauga's Newest Food Festival
- Here's What You Need to Know About Mississauga's Newest Food Festival
- Brand New Food Festival and Street Party Coming to Mississauga
- Huge Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
- Huge Asian Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Mississauga boxing gym defying provincial lockdown orders facing charges by City
- Peel's Chief Medical Officer of Health chats about COVID-19 and vaccinations for Mississauga and Brampton- April 14, 2021
- Mississauga and Brampton may have seen last of the lockdowns, says Peel Region's top doctor