These Mississauga Locations May Be Affected by the Education Strike
Residents should be aware of which facilities and programs will likely be affected if Ontario education school workers decide to go on strike on Monday, October 7.
According to the city of Mississauga, the programs, permits and services that may be affected are at facilities shared with the Peel District School Board and the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board.
These facilities include:
- Erin Meadows Community Centre
- Erin Meadows Library
- Courtney Park Activity Centre and Library
- Churchill Meadows Activity Centre and Library
- Meadowvale Theatre
“Registered program participants will be notified directly of any impacts and/or changes to their scheduled program,” the city says.
In the event of a strike, the city will be offering additional programming at several facilities across the city. More information can be found here.
All facilities will remain open, but program participants are advised to call ahead to confirm if programs are running.
- Here’s when Mississauga’s newest park will be opening
- Trudeau attends Mississauga rally in bulletproof vest due to security threats
- Walmart launches brand new (and super fast) delivery service in Mississauga
- One Beer Store location will remain open in Mississauga on Thanksgiving
- These Are Some of the Strangest Objects Found on the GO Train
- Peel District School Board Confirms Education Workers' Strike Starting Monday
- Peel District School Board Comments On CUPE Education Workers' Strike
- UPDATE: Here's the Latest on the Education Worker Strike in Ontario
- Sheridan College and Other School Programs Closing Due to Snow
- Evening Programs Cancelled at Mississauga Schools Due to Weather