These are the Most Well-Paid City Employees in Mississauga
More public servants in Ontario - including City of Mississauga employees - earned six figures in 2017, marking a seven per cent increase versus a year ago.
Who’s at the very top?
Ontario Power Generation president and CEO Jeffrey Lyash made a whopping $1,554,456.
Trillium Health Partners CEO Michelle DiEmanuele raked in $660,450.
Mississauga-Halton LHIN CEO Bill MacLeod made $333,184.
Sheridan College president and vice-chancellor Mary Preece made $377,999.
The annual Sunshine List was released on March 23 divulging public sector employees who earned at least $100,000.
At the municipal level, city manager and chief administrative officer Janice Baker earned $284,809.
There were 1,048 city staff making more than $100,000 versus 984 employees a year ago.
Mayor Bonnie Crombie, who made $139,374, froze her salary back in Jan. 2015 but also earned money from the Region of Peel, the Peel police board, and Merge Co.
Commissioners, too, made big bucks: Ed Sajecki and Paul Mitcham each earned $224,452; Gary Kent was paid $220,344; Geoff Wright raked in $214,027.
City solicitor Mary Ellen Bench earned $213,102.
Region of Peel employees made big money, with 859 total — there were 739 versus 2016.
Chief medical officer of health Dr. Katherine Bingham tops the list at $207,318.
Peel Police Chief Jennifer Evans - one of 1,641 police officers on the list - made $301,970 last year.
Premier Kathleen Wynne earned $208,974 in 2017, while former Progressive Conservative Leader Patrick Brown made $180,885. NDP leader Andrea Horwath made $158,157.
Broadcast journalist and TVO host Steve Paikin earned $303,087.
Here’s the full 2017 Sunshine List.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Update from the Peel District School Board regarding COVID-19
- These stores are still open at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Here’s How Much Money the Mayor and Public Sector Workers are Making in Mississauga
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- A Mississauga-Based School Has Made it Onto an Exciting List
- Chief Jennifer Evans Re-Appointed Chief of Peel Regional Police
- Police Investigating Threats Made Towards Mississauga Mayor Crombie