These are the foods Canadians search for most
It's been a difficult year for many restaurants across Canada, as lockdowns have forced many beloved eateries to close their doors for good.
However, since the onset of the pandemic, many Canadians have prioritized ordering take out and delivery in order to help local restaurants, and ensure they remain fixtures of their communities.
Over the last year, HelloFresh has been tracking what foods Canadians are in the mood for.
Based on the results, it appears our palates are as vast as our country--while Canadian foods were most-searched in five provinces, five different cuisines were the most-searched across all provinces.
Of Canada's 20 largest cities, Mexican and Italian food were the joint most-searched cuisines--they both were the top-searched cuisine in five cities.
Additionally, Mississauga and Brampton's most-searched cuisine was Indian, while Hamilton's was Greek.
When it came to individual foods, pizza was the most-searched food among Canadians, followed by sushi, Ratatouille, Poutine, and Guacamole.
Further, while Ontarians certainly enjoyed many exotic flavours, apparently none of them compare to dishes made right here--the most-searched cuisine in Ontario was Canadian.
- Canadians to Have Their Phones Searched When Entering the U.S.
- Feds seeking input regarding additional regulations for plant-based foods in Canada
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is considering limiting the amount of food citizens can bring into Canada
- Many Canadians unable to donate as much to charity this year due to pandemic: survey
- Here Is Why Millions Of Canadians Are Worried About Canada's Food Industry
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga