These are the foods Canadians search for most
It's been a difficult year for many restaurants across Canada, as lockdowns have forced many beloved eateries to close their doors for good.
However, since the onset of the pandemic, many Canadians have prioritized ordering take out and delivery in order to help local restaurants, and ensure they remain fixtures of their communities.
Over the last year, HelloFresh has been tracking what foods Canadians are in the mood for.
Based on the results, it appears our palates are as vast as our country--while Canadian foods were most-searched in five provinces, five different cuisines were the most-searched across all provinces.
Of Canada's 20 largest cities, Mexican and Italian food were the joint most-searched cuisines--they both were the top-searched cuisine in five cities.
Additionally, Mississauga and Brampton's most-searched cuisine was Indian, while Hamilton's was Greek.
When it came to individual foods, pizza was the most-searched food among Canadians, followed by sushi, Ratatouille, Poutine, and Guacamole.
Further, while Ontarians certainly enjoyed many exotic flavours, apparently none of them compare to dishes made right here--the most-searched cuisine in Ontario was Canadian.
- Canadians to Have Their Phones Searched When Entering the U.S.
- Mississauga townhouse complex makes list of most-searched condo properties in the GTA
- Feds seeking input regarding additional regulations for plant-based foods in Canada
- Many Canadians would prefer restaurants allow them to pay through their phone, as opposed to through a server: survey
- PICK A SIDE: What comfort foods have best helped you get through the pandemic?
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Hamilton power outage affecting over 400 homes and businesses