The Works Set to Open in Port Credit
A burger war is about to unfold in Port Credit. A few new burger joints are making their way into Mississauga in the New Year, including The Works' Gourmet Burger Bistro, which is set to take over a prime piece of real estate along the main stretch in Port Credit.
The Works' is a Canadian franchise that opened its first location in Ottawa and specializes in gourmet burger creations with an overwhelming amount of toppings to choose from. The menu includes over 40 burgers with seven patties to choose from and an abundant amount of atypical toppings, such as Reese Peanut Butter Cups (yes that's right, chocolate and peanut butter in your burger), peanut butter and bananas, tzatziki, purple beets, mac and cheese, cream cheese and jerk sauce.
The menu also includes poutine, salads, sandwiches, hand scooped shakes (14 flavours) and college slushies (blended fruits, O.J. and ice). The brand is also licensed to serve alcohol, so you'll find some more adult beverages in the suds and drunken grapes section of the menu that includes beer, wine, cocktails and Caesars.
This will be The Works' first location in Mississauga and it's just a hop, skip and a jump away from The Burger's Priest (140 metres away, to be exact).
It will be interesting to see what transpires when Port Credit turns into a meat market, so to speak. We'll find out whether there's enough demand for burgers in Mississauga, especially in The Burger's Priest territory of Port Credit. To make things even more interesting, Mississauga is also the hometown of Burger's Priest owner Shant Mardirosian.
Will the two gourmet burger joints have to duke it out for the top spot, or is there enough burger love in the city to go around?
What was in the space before? Emilia's Italian Bakery.
Opening Date: TBA in Spring 2016.
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton to enter the grey/lockdown zone of the province’s COVID-19 framework
- Here’s what Mississauga residents can and cannot do under grey lockdown restrictions
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry