The Top Office Band is....
Yesterday at Mississauga Celebration Square, hundreds of people came out to enjoy lunchtime tunes and treats and crown the city's first 'Top Office Band'. From a line-up of six bands from Mississauga's downtown businesses, the City of Mississauga's Those Guys That Girl came out on top.
"Abandon Your Building was a huge success," said Melissa Agius, Manager, Mississauga Celebration Square Events. "It took place over the lunch hours to give office workers in the downtown area a chance to come out, enjoy delicious food and great music and support their co-workers onstage. It is definitely an event we hope to have again on the Square."
Abandon Your Building, was the Square's first battle of the business bands competition. Fans picked the winner via text messaging immediately following the competition. More than 900 votes came in.
"This was a great experience, being onstage and playing on the Square," said Derek Boyce, Manager, Business Planning for the City and Those Guys That Girl lead male vocalist. "We had a lot of fun and that's what music is all about."
Those Guys That Girl is a six-piece band made up of City of Mississauga employees from the Business Planning and Enforcement units: Amy Towers, Derek Boyce, Ian Masini, Andy Nguyen, Dan Triantafilou and Lorenzo Ruffini. The group walked away with $400 in Jack's Cash, courtesy of Jack Astor's Square One.
Popular food trucks, including Smoke’s Poutinerie, The Portobello Burger and Cupcake Diner, were onsite to serve up delicious curbside cuisine to the lunch crowd.
- Food Truck Eats at Celebration Square
- NYE Celebration Square - Food Trucks, Fireworks & Music
- The Food Trucks at Celebration Square All Summer Long
- Food trucks, farmers market and ‘crop circles’ coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Epic Chef Competition Coming to Celebration Square This Summer
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Employee of Mississauga No Frills tests positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at ICU in Mississauga Hospital
- Employees at Mississauga superstore tests positive for COVID-19
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.