The time Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip visited Brampton
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip once paid a visit to Brampton to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the town.
With the news that Prince Philip has died at age 99, many are remembering the brief visit where the royal couple were greeted by Mayor James Archdekin.
During the visit, the Queen and Philip were taken to Gage Park where they were guests of honour during official centennial celebrations.
An interesting fact about the Queen and her husband; both are great-great grandchildren of British monarch Queen Victoria.
(Prince Philip watches as Queen Elizabeth is welcomed to Brampton by Mayor James Archdekin in 1973/ Photo from the Peel Art Gallery, Museum + Archives)
- Brampton firefighters on the scene in the area of Queen and Chinguacousy
- Drag Queen Storytime Children’s Event Coming to Mississauga Soon
- Source: Woodbine Entertainment to postpone $1-million Queen’s Plate
- McDonald's confirms COVID case at Brampton Queen St. location
- Woodbine Entertainment establishes date for $1-million Queen’s Plate
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Mississauga's 5 ugliest buildings
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after colliding with vehicle in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Canada Post truck rollover leads to major delays on 401 in Mississauga
- Some universities say no to proof of vaccination requirement