The Strumbellas Set To Visit Mississauga For Canada Day Celebration
Lovers of alternative pop music have even more reason to celebrate this July.
Popular Canadian music group "The Strumbellas" is set to perform on July 1 at Celebration Square's Canada Day celebration.
While their genre is mainly defined as alternative pop, the Toronto-based group has been called everything from folk-pop to alternative country to indie rock.
Regardless of what you may call them, the six-member Strumbellas have clearly found great success, with their 2015 single "Spirits" climbing the charts and becoming the #1 alternative song in North America.
The Strumbellas also won a Juno award in 2014 for their album "We Still Move on Dance Floors." Their third and most recent studio album "Hope" was released just last month and has enjoyed positive reception from fans.
In addition to a performance by the Strumbellas, Canada's 149th birthday celebration will also feature Canadian recording artist Ria Mae and Mississauga own John River, as well as a bunch of other fun events.
Attendees will get to see some entertaining cirque shows, grab something to eat from an array of food trucks, and - of course - witness a dazzling fireworks show. There will also be a "Camp Canuck" for kids.
As well Khaled and Jackie from insauga.com will be covering Canada Day at Celebration Square on Facebook LIVE all day long!
The celebration will run from 2 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Keep an eye on the event's Facebook page for further details.
The music line up:
* The Strumbellas performing songs from their new album Hope including hit single Spirits
* Ria Mae with music from her self-titled record, including hit singles Clothes Offand Gold
* Pop sensation and you-tube star Dan Talevski
* Rising star and local rapper John River
* Mississauga's Dead Penny
Capped off with an explosive fireworks finale presented by Tim Hortons, Canada's 149th birthday is one event you don't want to miss.
- NYE Celebration Square - Food Trucks, Fireworks & Music
- Celebration Square Unveils Canada Day Celebration Lineup
- Aerial Video - Canada Day Fireworks @ Celebration Square
- Major Food, Music, Comedy and Entertainment Festival Coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Mississauga set to host its first-ever virtual Canada Day celebration
- 5 Strange Names Once Proposed for Mississauga
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - January 12, 2021
- A new bakery is now open at Square One in Mississauga
- Popular HGTV reality show now casting in Mississauga
- Starbucks says closure of up to 300 stores in Canada to be completed by end of March