The Latest on the Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga
Peel Police are continuing to search for an unknown male suspect who allegedly shot and injured a woman in Mississauga.
Peel Regional Police Const. Sarah Patten says officers were called to Apple Blossom Circle in Mississauga for a report of an altercation between a male and female at 2:28 pm on Tuesday (August 13).
Patten claims the altercation was due to a fight.
The male suspect shot at the female victim, leaving her with injuries. She was shot at least one time. She was taken to a local hospital in serious but non-life-threatening condition.
The then man then fled on foot in the area through Sandford Farm Park, where officers encountered him near Stargazer Drive.
The suspect then had a physical altercation with a police officer, leading to him stealing a police cruiser. Officers tried to stop the suspect but were unsuccessful.
Officers fired shots at the cruiser as the suspect fled. Any injuries to the suspect are unknown.
The vehicle was found later by officers in the area of Idlewilde Crescent.
Police believe he stole another vehicle after leaving the cruiser, which was later found in the Toronto area.
At this time, the police are still looking for the suspect and are looking for any information to help with the search.
The SIU is also investigating.
More updates to follow.
- Police Asking For Help To Locate Suspect in Mississauga Shooting
- Suspect Flees After Striking Police Cruiser in Mississauga
- Police Seek Suspect Vehicle After Young Man Shot in Mississauga
- Mississauga Shooting Suspect Also Wanted on Murder and Child Sexual Assault Charges
- SIU Officers Investigating Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga