The City launches #iVoteBecause Social Media Contest
The City of Mississauga is inviting Mississauga youth ages 17-25 to share the reasons why they will vote in the October 27 municipal election.
Using the hashtag #IvoteBecause, contestants can share their reason, post a picture or create a video on social media. The most meaningful and creative reasons could win money towards school.
Winners and Prizes
1st prize is $2000 towards College or University
2nd prize is $1000 towards College or University
3rd prize is $500 toward College or University
Winners will be chosen based on creativity, meaningfulness and social media reach. Entrants may use the hashtags as many times as they wish; however only one submission per person will be judged. Winners will be judged by a panel and prizes will be awarded in the fall. The contest runs until midnight on Election Day.
How to Enter:
Tell us the reason you will vote by creating a video or taking a selfie and tweet or post it on Facebook using #IvoteBecause. Be creative!
If you’re 18+, go to voterlookup.ca and get on the voters list
For more information, and to enter, visit: mississaugavotes.ca.
- Peel police share concerns over viral social media post
- Teenager Charged After Allegedly Threatening Mississauga School on Social Media
- City of Mississauga Hosts Contest with Very Exciting Prizes
- Heinz unveiling new condiments inspired by social media
- Advocacy group urging social media platforms be held accountable for content they publish
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- PHOTOS: What the old Tim Hortons building in Mississauga look like now
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- 'No longer considered peaceful': Arrests made following protest in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three hot spot areas in Mississauga have the highest COVID-19 positivity