The City launches #iVoteBecause Social Media Contest
The City of Mississauga is inviting Mississauga youth ages 17-25 to share the reasons why they will vote in the October 27 municipal election.
Using the hashtag #IvoteBecause, contestants can share their reason, post a picture or create a video on social media. The most meaningful and creative reasons could win money towards school.
Winners and Prizes
1st prize is $2000 towards College or University
2nd prize is $1000 towards College or University
3rd prize is $500 toward College or University
Winners will be chosen based on creativity, meaningfulness and social media reach. Entrants may use the hashtags as many times as they wish; however only one submission per person will be judged. Winners will be judged by a panel and prizes will be awarded in the fall. The contest runs until midnight on Election Day.
How to Enter:
Tell us the reason you will vote by creating a video or taking a selfie and tweet or post it on Facebook using #IvoteBecause. Be creative!
If you’re 18+, go to voterlookup.ca and get on the voters list
For more information, and to enter, visit: mississaugavotes.ca.
- Teenager Charged After Allegedly Threatening Mississauga School on Social Media
- City of Mississauga Hosts Contest with Very Exciting Prizes
- Advocacy group urging social media platforms be held accountable for content they publish
- RCMP to boost social media mining for threats ranging from disease to shootings
- This Beloved Contest Has Returned to Tim Hortons in Mississauga
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- Mississauga home involved in part of large fentanyl seizure
- Police looking for missing vulnerable female last seen in Mississauga
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 28