Thanksgiving Celebration Set to Hit Mississauga This Weekend
With Thanksgiving fast approaching, you might be looking for a more altruistic way to celebrate.
If you want to shift the focus to giving back this long weekend, you might want to check out the Family Thanksgiving Celebration at the Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services Headquarters this Saturday (Oct. 8).
The event, hosted by Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie, Rabba Fine Foods and the Mississauga Food Bank, is part of the Food Bank's Annual Thanksgiving Campaign. The event is designed to encourage people to donate non-perishable food and/or money to the organization.
If you like your events paired with a little social media, it might please you to know that you can give back and participate in the organizer's #OneBagChallenge while doing so. To get involved, simply post a photo of yourself making a donation of at least one bag of groceries on social media and challenge five friends to do the same within 48 hours.
The event's organizers are hoping to reach a goal of 200,000 pounds of food and $100,000 in monetary donations by Oct. 14. Rabba will match food donations to up to one tonne of food collected during the event.
Other activities on the docket include pumpkin decorating, face painting, fire truck tours and promotional giveaways from sponsors.
The Headquarters are located at 15 Fairview Rd. W. and the event will run from 12:00-4:00 p.m.
For more info about the campaign, click here.
Cover photo by Natalie Roessler, courtesy of the Mississauga Food Bank Facebook page
- This Thanksgiving, help those in need with Mayor Crombie's 2020 Thanksgiving Food Drive
- The Mississauga Food Bank Needs More Than Canned Food
- Challenge launched in support of Mississauga Food Bank
- Raptors Superfan Nav Bhatia pledges to help raise money for Mississauga Food Bank
- Get a delicious Thanksgiving meal delivered to your door from The Food District in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Emergency crews responding to crash involving motorcyclist in Mississauga
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - February 21, 2021
- Top 5 biryani in Mississauga
- 45 flights with COVID-19 cases land at Pearson Airport in Mississauga