Teen Seriously Injured After Being Shot By Police in Mississauga Robbery
A 15-year-old boy is in hospital after he was shot by Peel police in connection with a robbery in Mississauga early Thursday, the Special Investigations Unit says.
Police were sent to a robbery call at a gas station in the plaza at Creditview Rd. and Britannia Rd. W. at 1:50 a.m.
The initial call reported three young males were involved.
Two of the young males fled in a grey vehicle before police arrived and a third teen tried to rob another business, said SIU spokesperson Jason Gennaro.
The teen also tried - but was unable - to enter three vehicles with people sitting inside.
Police arrived, finding the boy outside of the bank in the plaza.
There was an interaction and one police officer discharged a firearm.
An insauga.com reader reported hearing “a few gunshots.”
The teen was rushed to hospital where’s he currently in serious but stable condition.
Six investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to the case.
The plaza at Creditview and Britannia will be closed for several hours for the investigation, Gennaro said at 8:25 a.m., and all businesses are affected.
The SIU is asking anyone with information to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. and to upload video evidence through the SIU website.
The SIU is an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
Photo by Pascal Marchand, the 4K Guy
- A Restaurant That Suddenly Closed is Finally Reopening in Mississauga
- Doug Ford Gives Former Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion a New Job
- Mississauga Man Involved in Transport Truck Rollover in Milton
- Two Taken to Hospital After Condo Fire in Mississauga
- Driver Hospitalized After Collision in Mississauga
- Teen Shot by Police in Mississauga Confirmed Dead
- VIDEO: Aftermath of Teen Shot in Mississauga
- Police Won’t Face Criminal Charges in Shooting Death of Teen in Mississauga
- Police Arrest 19-Year-Old in Connection With Mississauga Shooting Death of Teen
- SIU Investigating After Woman Alleges Sexual Assault by Peel Police