Teen Seriously Injured After Being Shot By Police in Mississauga Robbery
A 15-year-old boy is in hospital after he was shot by Peel police in connection with a robbery in Mississauga early Thursday, the Special Investigations Unit says.
Police were sent to a robbery call at a gas station in the plaza at Creditview Rd. and Britannia Rd. W. at 1:50 a.m.
The initial call reported three young males were involved.
Two of the young males fled in a grey vehicle before police arrived and a third teen tried to rob another business, said SIU spokesperson Jason Gennaro.
The teen also tried - but was unable - to enter three vehicles with people sitting inside.
Police arrived, finding the boy outside of the bank in the plaza.
There was an interaction and one police officer discharged a firearm.
An insauga.com reader reported hearing “a few gunshots.”
The teen was rushed to hospital where’s he currently in serious but stable condition.
Six investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to the case.
The plaza at Creditview and Britannia will be closed for several hours for the investigation, Gennaro said at 8:25 a.m., and all businesses are affected.
The SIU is asking anyone with information to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. and to upload video evidence through the SIU website.
The SIU is an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
Photo by Pascal Marchand, the 4K Guy
- Teen Shot by Police in Mississauga Confirmed Dead
- VIDEO: Aftermath of Teen Shot in Mississauga
- SIU investigating after teenage bank robbery suspect shot by police in Mississauga
- SIU investigating after man seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- 120 workers test positive for COVID-19 in outbreak on Ontario farm
- House of the Week: $5.9 mil contemporary stunner in Cooksville
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Doug Ford plans to extend state of emergency in Ontario until June 30