Teen charged after argument leads to police seizing handgun in Mississauga
Published September 22, 2023 at 5:59 pm
A 17-year-old is facing firearm-related charges following a recent police investigation in Mississauga.
At 1:50 p.m. on Thursday (Sept. 21), officers responded to a weapons call at a home in the area of Darcel Avenue and Morning Star Drive in Malton.
A 39-year-old man from Mississauga was involved in a verbal argument with the male teenager who allegedly brandished a gun, said Peel Regional Police.
The teen was arrested at 2:04 p.m. Shortly after, uniform and tactical officers raided a Mississauga home and seized a Glock 9mm handgun.
The 17-year-old, whose identity is protected under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, is charged with:
- Utter threats to cause death or bodily harm
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a prohibited device knowing not the holder of a license (two counts)
- Possession of a loaded prohibited firearm without license
- Possession of a firearm knowing serial number removed/altered/defaced
- Possession of firearm contrary to order
- Fail to comply with release order
Police say he was out on a release order for similar firearm-related offences at the time of the incident.
He was held for a bail hearing and appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
Photo: Peel police handoutinsauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising