Teen charged after allegedly robbing Mississauga resident
A teen is facing robbery and firearm-related charges following an alleged incident in Brampton.
Peel police say that around 2:15 am on Feb. 14, 2021, a 19-year-old man from Mississauga arrived in the Ray Lawson Boulevard and Mclaughlin Road area to sell an item. Police allege that another individual came and brandished a black handgun before robbing the victim of his property and money. Police allege the suspect assaulted the victim and fled.
The victim did not suffer any physical injuries as a result of the incident, police say.
Police say that on Feb. 16, officers executed a search warrant at a residence in the Kingknoll Drive and Mclaughlin Road area and discovered the accused inside the home, as well as a loaded firearm.
Police allege that investigators also recovered the victim’s stolen property.
Jessiah Farrell, an 18-year-old man from Brampton, is facing 10 charges, including robbery with a firearm, failing to comply with probation, possession of a loaded firearm and more.
He appeared in court on Feb. 16.
Police are encouraging residents to conduct all private, in-person sales at Peel police’s Buy and Sell Safe Exchange Zones at the following locations:
- 22 Division, located at 7750 Hurontario Street in Brampton
- 21 Division located at 10 Peel Centre Drive in Brampton
- 12 Division, located at 4600 Dixie Road in Mississauga
- 11 Division, located at 3030 Erin Mills Parkway in Mississauga
Anyone with information regarding this matter is asked to contact the 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-3311, ext. 2233.
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- Three People Charged After Firearm Located During Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Peel police seize loaded firearm during recent arrest
- 16-year-old found with loaded gun in Mississauga, police say
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Peel orders closure of three businesses, one Bakery, in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents can book vaccination at Doses After Dark
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga