Teen arrested, charged in relation to daytime shooting in Hamilton
Published June 10, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Hamilton Police said a teen is facing a long list of charges in relation to a daytime shooting in Stoney Creek last week.
According to police, last Friday (June 3) officers were called to the area of Dartmouth Gate and Galileo Drive in Stoney Creek shortly before 1 p.m. to reports of shots fired.
When police arrived, they determined that a shooting had taken place but no injuries were reported.
Police said that a four-door grey car with two occupants was seen leaving the area around the time of the incident.
Further investigation lead police to identify and arrest a 17-year-old suspect this week.
He is charged with:
- Discharge Firearm with Intent
- Point Firearm
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Careless Use of a Firearm
- Occupant of a Motor Vehicle knowing there was a firearm
- Two Counts Fail to Comply with Release Order
- Fail to Comply with Youth Sentence Order
- Possession Contrary to Order
Police said the second suspect in the case and the car involved have yet to be identified and they are encouraging anyone with information to contact them.
Anyone with information related to this investigation is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Candace Culp at 905-546-2907 or the on-duty Staff Sergeant at 905-546-2963.
To provide information anonymously, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising advertising