Teen arrested after allegedly shooting at Mississauga homeowners during home invasion
A Brampton teen is facing charges after allegedly shooting at residents during a home invasion in Mississauga.
Peel police say that around 12:40 am on Dec. 19, 2020, two suspects broke into a Mississauga residence from a side door that they kicked open. Police say the masked suspects, who were carrying a duffel bag, identified themselves as police officers.
Police allege the suspects searched parts of the residence and were eventually confronted by the occupants. A physical confrontation ensued and the suspects were pushed outside.
Police say that one suspect was able to regain access to the residence and fired four bullets through an interior door, towards the victims inside. After the shots were fired, the suspects fled in an unknown direction. Multiple casings were subsequently recovered at the scene.
Police say that on March 11, 2021, a search warrant was executed at a Brampton residence and a 17-year-old male youth was arrested and charged with breaking and entering, discharging a firearm, impersonating a police officer and more.
The accused was held for a bail hearing on March 12, 2021.
Police allege that, at the time of his arrest, the suspect was also on an undertaking (living under legal restrictions) for stolen vehicle-related charges (he was released December 17, 2020) and on three separate probation orders from 2019 and 2020 for property and robbery related offences.
Police also say the suspect is facing additional charges stemming from a Toronto police investigation.
A second adult male located in the same residence was wanted on a warrant for unrelated Toronto robbery charges, police say. Toronto Police service took custody of the male.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators in the Central Robbery Bureau at (905)453-2121 ext. 3410.
- Three Mississauga residents, including two teens, facing charges in connection with violent bank robbery
- Brampton man and 14-year-old face charges in connection with violent bank robbery
- Peel Police Nab 2 Violent Carjacking Suspects
- Police Allegedly Find Drugs and Gun in Mississauga Residence
- Mississauga Man Facing Firearm Charges After Police Called to House Party
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"