Teacher Who Taught in Mississauga Facing Sexual Assault Charges
A Brampton teacher (who also once taught at a Mississauga high school) is facing additional sex-related charges, Peel police say.
Fifty-three-year-old Milton man Richard Knill, who teaches at Turner Fenton Secondary School in Brampton, was arrested and charged with sexual exploitation on June 15. According to police, he was held for a bail hearing.
Police say that on June 22, a former Bramalea Secondary School student contacted officers regarding a historic sexual assault. As a result, investigators have subsequently laid more charges.
On Monday June 26, Knill was arrested and charged with one count of sexual assault and one count of sexual exploitation. He was released on a promise to appear and is scheduled to appear in court on July 31.
Police say Knill has taught at various Peel schools, including Meadowvale Secondary School from 1991 - 1993, Bramalea Secondary School from 1993 - 2002, Chinguacousy Secondary School from 2002 - 2004 and Turner Fenton Secondary School from 2004 to present.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone who may have had contact with the accused is urged to contact police.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact investigators at the Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Mississauga High School Teacher Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault
- Man Who Worked at Mississauga High School Facing Sexual Exploitation Charges
- Man Who Worked at Mississauga High School Facing Host of Sexual Exploitation Charges
- Mississauga private school teacher charged with sexual assault
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19
- Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Residential driveways being targeted for vehicle thefts in Mississauga: Police
- COVID-19 vaccines will bring life ‘back to normal,’ Ontario premier says