Teacher from Mississauga in disbelief over big lotto win
A Mississauga teacher is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG says that saying “yes” to Encore paid off for Francesco Ruso, 53. He matched the last six of seven Encore numbers in the exact order in the December 4, 2020 Lotto Max draw to win $100,000.
Ruso told OLG that he scanned his ticket using the OLG Lottery App and was in disbelief when he saw the screen.
“I thought my phone was playing a trick on me! We went to the store and the clerk said, ‘I think you won $100,000!’”
The married father of two said he plans to pay some bills, invest and save some for future travel.
The winning ticket was purchased at Credit Woodlands Convenience on The Credit Woodlands in Mississauga.
- Mississauga, Brampton students likely to finish school year via remote learning
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Cyclist taken to hospital after being hit by car in Brampton
- Three dozen Mississauga residents ticketed at outdoor gatherings
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19, vaccines and tickets - May 11, 2021