Teacher at Mississauga School Charged with Sex Assault
A teacher at a private Muslim school in Mississauga is facing charges in relation to a sex assault investigation.
Peel police say the suspect works at Safa and Marwa Islamic School on McAdam Rd., near Kennedy Rd. and Matheson Blvd. E.
It offers classes from preschool up to secondary. The elementary school received a perfect score in rankings released last December by the Fraser Institute. Safa and Marwa was established in 1998 and has “a strong focus on morals and characters,” according to its website.
Investigators arrested the suspect on March 3.
Tahir Mahmood, 41, is charged with sexual assault and sexual exploitation and is scheduled to appear in Brampton court on Apr. 4.
Anyone with information is asked to call 12 Division’s criminal investigation bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 1233 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Mississauga Teacher Fired in Wake of Sex Assault Charges
- Mississauga High School Teacher Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault
- Mississauga private school teacher charged with sexual assault
- Teacher Who Taught in Mississauga Facing Sexual Assault Charges
- Charges laid after rescuing a raccoon being held captive in Burlington
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- New bus corridor and three new stations coming to Mississauga
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content