Take Your Dog Off-Leash in More Parks in Mississauga
While summer may be drawing to a close, the hot weather is probably here to stay for another month or so and that means dog owners have many pleasantly warm walks ahead of them.
Fortunately for owners who would rather chill and supervise from afar, Mississauga has a ton of leash-free zones to visit. These zones allow dogs to run more freely and socialize with other canines in a space set aside specifically for them. They also allow owners to take respite from the heat and chat with other dog lovers while their pets play.
Interestingly enough, leash-free zones are operated and funded by Leash-Free Mississauga -- not the city (although the city does actively work with the organization). You can learn more about the organization by checking out a little feature we wrote on them back in May.
As for where the zones are located, you can visit:
* Etobicoke Valley
* Garnetwood Park
* Hershey Centre SportZone South
* Jack Darling Memorial Park
* Lakeside Park
* Quenippenon Meadows Park
* Totoredaca Park
If you're interested in getting more involved with Leash-Free Mississauga, you can purchase a membership for $15 if you have one dog and $20 if you have two or more.
- Top 5 Leash-Free Dog Parks in Mississauga
- What You Might Not Know About Leash Free Dog Parks
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- Mississauga Conservation Area Asking Residents to Respect Dog-Related Rules
- Mississauga Considering Banning Children From Some Dog Parks
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington