Tactical and K9 Officers Investigating Shots Fired in Mississauga
A police investigation is underway this afternoon.
Police were called at 6:22 p.m. for shots fired in the area of Goreway and Morning Star Drive.
The number of victims in this shooting is currently unknown, police say.
Multiple units, including tactical and K9 officers, remain in the area.
Residents should avoid the area for now.
UPDATE: Police have confirmed multiple victims with gunshot wounds. The investigation is ongoing.
Upwards of five people shot outside a building on Darcel Avenue in Mississauga. One patient has self transported to a Toronto hospital. One patient was without vitals on arrival of police. Additional patients transported to area hospitals be @Peel_Paramedics pic.twitter.com/PvFspDsvHI— Andrew Collins (@ACollinsPhoto) September 14, 2019
UPDATE: One person pronounced dead at the scene. The Homicide Bureau is investigating.
- UPDATE: Police Confirm Multiple Teenage Victims in Fatal Mississauga Shooting
- UPDATE: One Dead, Several Injured in Mississauga Shooting
- Police on Scene for Multiple Shots Fired in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Man in crisis dead after shots fired by police in Mississauga
- Tactical and K9 officers responding to man in crisis in Mississauga
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- City plans to rename Mississauga library in honour of Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday
- Tim Hortons giving away free coffee
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- PHOTOS: The most and least expensive homes in Mississauga