Tactical and K9 Officers Investigating Shots Fired in Mississauga
A police investigation is underway this afternoon.
Police were called at 6:22 p.m. for shots fired in the area of Goreway and Morning Star Drive.
The number of victims in this shooting is currently unknown, police say.
Multiple units, including tactical and K9 officers, remain in the area.
Residents should avoid the area for now.
UPDATE: Police have confirmed multiple victims with gunshot wounds. The investigation is ongoing.
Upwards of five people shot outside a building on Darcel Avenue in Mississauga. One patient has self transported to a Toronto hospital. One patient was without vitals on arrival of police. Additional patients transported to area hospitals be @Peel_Paramedics pic.twitter.com/PvFspDsvHI— Andrew Collins (@ACollinsPhoto) September 14, 2019
UPDATE: One person pronounced dead at the scene. The Homicide Bureau is investigating.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- A look at what’s open and closed as Mississauga reopens more outdoor amenities
- A severe thunderstorm watch is now in effect for Mississauga
- Power outage in Mississauga affecting 2,000 homes and businesses