SUV Crashes Through Barrier and Hits Moving GO Train in Mississauga
A driver has minor injuries after her SUV struck a moving GO train in Mississauga on Tuesday morning.
“The driver went through the barrier and hit the side of a train,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Rachel Gibbs.
The incident took place in Streetsville at Thomas St. and Queen St. S. at 7:04 a.m.
GO trains running on the Milton line were delayed for a short time.
No passengers were injured.
The train has minor damage to its side but is safe to operate, said Metrolinx spokeswoman Anne Marie Aikins.
The driver remained at the scene, however, it’s unclear if she’s being charged.
Police are investigating.
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with over 100 cases confirmed in Mississauga