SUV Crashes Through Barrier and Hits Moving GO Train in Mississauga
A driver has minor injuries after her SUV struck a moving GO train in Mississauga on Tuesday morning.
“The driver went through the barrier and hit the side of a train,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Rachel Gibbs.
The incident took place in Streetsville at Thomas St. and Queen St. S. at 7:04 a.m.
GO trains running on the Milton line were delayed for a short time.
No passengers were injured.
The train has minor damage to its side but is safe to operate, said Metrolinx spokeswoman Anne Marie Aikins.
The driver remained at the scene, however, it’s unclear if she’s being charged.
Police are investigating.
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Mississauga Mayor furious about retirement party at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Woman in Brampton struck and killed while trying to retrieve something from trunk
- Child dies in Brampton, cause not yet determined