SUV Crashes Through Barrier and Hits Moving GO Train in Mississauga
A driver has minor injuries after her SUV struck a moving GO train in Mississauga on Tuesday morning.
“The driver went through the barrier and hit the side of a train,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Rachel Gibbs.
The incident took place in Streetsville at Thomas St. and Queen St. S. at 7:04 a.m.
GO trains running on the Milton line were delayed for a short time.
No passengers were injured.
The train has minor damage to its side but is safe to operate, said Metrolinx spokeswoman Anne Marie Aikins.
The driver remained at the scene, however, it’s unclear if she’s being charged.
Police are investigating.
- Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl last seen driving a car in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: A look inside a mass vaccination clinic in Mississauga
- Construction coming to busy GO Station and street to make way for Hurontario LRT in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga