SUV Crashes Through Barrier and Hits Moving GO Train in Mississauga
A driver has minor injuries after her SUV struck a moving GO train in Mississauga on Tuesday morning.
“The driver went through the barrier and hit the side of a train,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Rachel Gibbs.
The incident took place in Streetsville at Thomas St. and Queen St. S. at 7:04 a.m.
GO trains running on the Milton line were delayed for a short time.
No passengers were injured.
The train has minor damage to its side but is safe to operate, said Metrolinx spokeswoman Anne Marie Aikins.
The driver remained at the scene, however, it’s unclear if she’s being charged.
Police are investigating.
- Major Weather Alerts in Effect for Mississauga
- Police Warn Residents to Beware of Serious and Ongoing Taxi Scam in Mississauga
- Doug Ford Gives Former Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion a New Job
- This Massive Kids Store is Closing its Doors
- Multiple Schools in Hold and Secure Following Robbery in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Struck by GO Train Halts Service in Mississauga
- Male Arrested for Riding on Top of Moving Train in Mississauga
- Man on Mobility Scooter Killed by GO Train in Mississauga
- Police Investigating After Person Struck and Killed by GO Train in Mississauga
- Two Injured After Falling Off Moving Train in Mississauga