Suspects Charged in 'Subway Bandit' Investigation
Two men are facing a combined 57 charges in connection with 16 robberies across the GTA.
Seven robberies took place in Peel Region, say police, while nine were in Toronto’s west end.
The spree ran from Feb. 18 to March 13, targeting fast-food joints.
The main target? Subway sandwich locations, say Toronto police.
A man would enter with a hood “tied close around his face” and glasses.
In some instances “he initially posed as a customer, asking to purchase an item,” before demanding cash and pulling a gun, investigators allege.
Other times, the man would walk behind the counter, removing money from the till.
Three robberies involved an accomplice.
Arrests were made on March 13 via a joint investigation with Peel police.
A replica gun was found during the takedown, investigators allege.
Egal Wais, 21, of Toronto, is charged with: 16 counts of robbery; conspiracy to commit robbery; 16 counts of use imitation firearm to commit indictable offence; 16 counts of disguise with intent.
Yosef Ali, 24, of Toronto, is charged with: three counts of robbery; conspiracy to commit robbery; three counts of use imitation firearm to commit indictable offence; disguise with intent.
They’re scheduled to appear in court on April 19.
- Mississauga’s LRT Could be in Danger of Cancellation
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- This Could be Mississauga’s First Hefty Snowfall of the Season
- 15 Things You Never Knew About the Glenerin Inn in Mississauga
- Sick Days for Teachers Causing Significant Issues in Mississauga Schools
- Mississauga Man and Teen Arrested in Connection with Toronto Robberies
- Mississauga Man Charged Following 11 Gas Station Robberies
- Mississauga Teen Charged in GTA Bank Robbery Spree
- Mississauga Man Charged in Toronto Gunpoint Robbery
- Mississauga Teens Charged in Oakville and Burlington Bank Robberies