Suspects Charged in 'Subway Bandit' Investigation
Two men are facing a combined 57 charges in connection with 16 robberies across the GTA.
Seven robberies took place in Peel Region, say police, while nine were in Toronto’s west end.
The spree ran from Feb. 18 to March 13, targeting fast-food joints.
The main target? Subway sandwich locations, say Toronto police.
A man would enter with a hood “tied close around his face” and glasses.
In some instances “he initially posed as a customer, asking to purchase an item,” before demanding cash and pulling a gun, investigators allege.
Other times, the man would walk behind the counter, removing money from the till.
Three robberies involved an accomplice.
Arrests were made on March 13 via a joint investigation with Peel police.
A replica gun was found during the takedown, investigators allege.
Egal Wais, 21, of Toronto, is charged with: 16 counts of robbery; conspiracy to commit robbery; 16 counts of use imitation firearm to commit indictable offence; 16 counts of disguise with intent.
Yosef Ali, 24, of Toronto, is charged with: three counts of robbery; conspiracy to commit robbery; three counts of use imitation firearm to commit indictable offence; disguise with intent.
They’re scheduled to appear in court on April 19.
- Mississauga Man and Teen Arrested in Connection with Toronto Robberies
- Mississauga man arrested after string of nine robberies in Peel
- Police searching for outstanding suspect allegedly connected to series of bank robberies in Brampton, Mississauga, and Toronto
- Mississauga Man Charged Following 11 Gas Station Robberies
- Mississauga Teen Charged in GTA Bank Robbery Spree
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
- Peel District School Board issues apology for racially insensitive content on internal webpage for staff
- Mississauga pressing to enter red-zone on March 9
- Police searching for suspect in connection to stabbing in Mississauga